Wednesday 22 May 2013

Time to pull my socks up...

I've been having a bit of a thinking session this weekend. 

As a homeschooling mum, (or any mum really) I wonder if I'm doing all I can for my children. 

I wonder if I'm a good mama, I wonder if they are going to do well, even though I absolutely know it is the right thing for our family, as the Lord expressly told me to do it (more on that tomorrow).

So I have been using a Christian curriculum, and having only been homeschooling for 18 months, we are still very schooled, used to tests, and traditional school practices. 

I have been looking at a few websites, including my fave at the mo, Keeper of the Home and looking at various ideas and curriculum, and I really feel that I have been putting too much pressure on the children to race through the booklets that they work on, and have not given them enough "fun stuff" to do! 

Like drawing a poster, designing a game, or making a bag with the sewing machine (all things my kids have come up with ON THE SPOT when I asked what they would like to do!)

I think Mama has been a little too school Ma'am and not enough relaxed mama!!

Time to have some fun with my babies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment