Friday 10 May 2013

No shampoo? No probs...

After browsing some of my favorite natural living blog sites, I came across some quite frankly startling ideas. 

  • Like green cleaners; using just vinegar, baking soda and lemon juice to clean pretty much your whole house (which I use ALL the time now, and that was a gentle one)
  • using oil to cleanse your face (about to try this, will let you know how it goes)
  • natural deodorants, (still pondering this.....)
But the one I really was shocked by, then intrigued by, and am a week into trying, is the no 'poo method. Not using shampoo??? Are you crazy, I hear you cry. Are you dirty, I hear you think! Maybe a little, and no, I'm perfectly clean. 

Here is a link to a great source of info on this topic, but for me, anything that cuts down on time, money and pumping chemicals into my body is worth a try. 

Like I said, I'm a week into this new change, and at present, my mid-back length henna red hair feels a little greasy. Doesn't look it, I'm assured, and feels strange to rinse your hair in the shower and it's not squeaky clean, but from what I have read, it can take up to a month for my hair to stop reacting to the lack of shampoo and balance out. I'm quite looking forward to it, actually.

I have had no luck convincing Boo, my 13 yr old daughter to try it, but then she is 13, and the only time I'm in favor is when the laptop is out..... 

Some great resources on this, and my go-to sites are:
So is this something you have ever thought of doing, or am I just a bit late to the no 'poo party? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment